job summary: Job Description
As a Software Developer, Web Services, you will be responsible for designing and building web services to grow and support Client's digital footprint. You will work with technology team members and subject matter experts to design and build services needed within the organization. You will be a member of an enterprise agile team with responsibility for building and maintaining Clients next generation platform for Customer Communications and Notifications. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where ownership, adaptability, sense of urgency and collaboration are key ingredients of success. Qualifications:
- Expert level development experience with Core Java and Node.js. Both practical and conceptual knowledge is critical.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, JSON, Microservices etc.
- Some familiarity with API Gateway products, preferably Apigee Edge for development of API proxies.
- Familiarity and demonstrated interest, if not practical experience using AWS "serverless" services including Lambda, SQS, RDS, API Gateway etc.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Awareness of software design principles, patterns, and integration patterns for consuming and creating REST services
- CI/CD tools Jenkins, Maven, Jira, BitBucket, npm
- Working knowledge of SQL commands for interacting with/querying relational databases
- Familiarity with asynchronous processing utilizing queues
- Knowledge of Unit testing with JUnit.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $69.21 - 79.21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, enhance, and test backend logic and service components using Core Java and AWS Lambda functions.
- End-to-end delivery including design, development and unit / functional testing of API(s) and services.
- Collaborate with agile product team members to ensure solid design principles and platform reliability, resilience, and performance/scalability.
- Effectively communicate issues, risks, and progress to product team.
- Participate in prototypes, proofs of concept and other research and experimentation as needed.
- Build "infrastructure as code" configurations using terraform to ensure continued 100% deployment automation.
- Design and code with consideration for written an unwritten standards and conventions as well as existing architecture direction and standards.
- Ensure adherence to solid architecture guidelines and frameworks related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc. with an obsession for security and information protection.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Be open to learning new things, adapting, and learning from others
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.