job summary: Job Description
The API Center of Excellence Developer is responsible for furthering API adoption across the enterprise, with our customers and external partners. This role will contribute to and execute against the enterprise API strategy, including the definition of standards and best practices for design, testing, deployment, and operations. The individual in this position is knowledgeable in all aspects of distributed application architecture, including API, Web Service, and application security protocols and will operate as a technical leader across the organization for Apigee based solutions and best practices.
Focus on API implementation quality, orchestration design, and analytics definition within the Apigee platform. Responsible for the development and advancement of the API Platform. Additional non-development responsibilities include technical leadership and guidance for the API delivery and governance teams to ensure compliance with existing Architecture Standards, customer requirements, and governance policies, as well as communication across the organization.
Constantly communicates with Product Owners, architects, technology teams, and executives regarding best practices and the status of assigned projects and initiatives. Qualifications
Required Training and Education:
- Deep knowledge of and demonstrable history of success implementing Apigee based solutions, standards, and best practices
- Knowledge of and experience with service-oriented architecture concepts
- Knowledge of all components of application design in a high-volume, high-availability environment
- Working knowledge of service orchestration and messaging technologies. Ability to apply the long-term (big picture) perspective to tactical situations
- Hands on experience with development operations to support API Development and deployment using CI/CD processes, Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket.
- Ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense
- Comfortable using terraform, postman, apickli, chai, curl, bash, git, yaml, json, xml
- SDLC concepts - trunk development, GitLab flows, and general idea of how agile PM techniques fit into ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement, and maintain code.
- Technical troubleshooting - knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques, and ability to recognize and resolve technical problems (software, app, operational)
- Application Design: experience with tools to take product ask and transform it into logical models to facilitate product delivery
- 1-2 years minimum of deep experience in API strategy formulation and alignment with business and product needs
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Apigee Implementation, Architecture and/or development training
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $69.21 - 79.21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Analyzes and articulates API architecture requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, platform environment, software, and system interfaces
- Prepares technical/procedural documentation
- Applies modern principles, methods and tools to support business capabilities
- Creates and leads technical design and development
- Contributes to the platforms foundational core: shared flows, terraform modules, developer portal etc.
- Contributes to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events
- Reviews and approves detailed API designs produced by delivery vendors
- Ensures the architectural integrity of API centric projects and solutions
- Provides strategic thought on adoption and implementation of Apigee best practices within the context of Client's environment
- Evaluates, recommends, and justifies technical scope and direction changes during Planning and Design phases
- Establishes and documents full lifecycle API management standards and best practices
- Guides API development teams in the application of best practices with API management tools
- Identify the necessary objectives and key results to measure the effectiveness and to validate the success of our efforts.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.