Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer for a contract role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: BEAVERTON, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
What your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with other engineers and teams to design solutions and resolve issues.
- aid in testing, releasing, and monitoring your code in a cloud based environment as a member of a development devOps team.
- Work with product owners to understand and raise questions about business requirements.
- Write automated unit/E2E tests to validate code changes, and manually test those changes in an integrated environment.
- Debug issues found during testing and from the production environment.
- Be an active participant in team meetings and process improvement.
- Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
- Suggest and implement ways to improve code base.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred)
- 3+ years' experience desired as a highly productive engineer with front-end technologies
- DevOps mentality of following code through production operation and troubleshooting issues during and following releases
- strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business and technical teammates
- Full-stack front-end developer with experience in React/Redux, Express, Node.js
- Knowledgeable with version control systems (Git) and issue tracking tools (JIRA)
- Experience with Test Driven Development, which may include Mocha, Chai, Sinon, etc.
- Familiarity with testing and quality practices in software development
- Experience with CD/CI and related tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.