Sr. IT Apps Programmer
For this assignment, the Contractor will be working on the Agency Quoting SM Operations Support team which handles production support for our Agency Quoting Applications and Tools. This production support work includes handling production issues based on impact and urgency priorities. Quality is very important as we are correcting issues in production and must ensure we're fully addressing the issues as well as not introducing any new issues into production from our fixes.
This assignment will help ensure that we're able to handle the demand for production support work to ensure our applications and tools have high quality in the production environment. This is critical in driving profitability of our company by helping to increase quote volume and policy sales as well as ensuring a great experience for our Agents. You will be able to directly see the impact your making to the company and will be involved with our LEAN IT efforts by sharing ideas.
The ideal contractor candidate will need to learn quickly during onboarding and with their assignments to gain working knowledge of applications and the architecture. They will also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment where collaboration is a must.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Most of their day-to-day responsibilities will include handling production issues. As such they will be in the rotation to be assigned new production tickets that arise in our team's queue which are worked by priority and age. This person will be working closely with other teammates and the business to ensure their solutions are thorough and meet the needs of our business. Handling these issues requires:
- Research, analysis and triaging of incidents reported to confirm whether there's an actual issue in production and whether it belongs in our group
- Troubleshooting, designing, and recommending solutions to complex technical problems
- Providing input and advice to others in designing or programming best practices
- Promotes understanding of specific technologies and tools, including newly emerging concepts
- Performing the coding changes, development testing and code review process
- Following our branch/elevate procedures to elevate to production
- Managing the ticket documentation in our ticket management system
- Providing status updates in our Lean Standup Meetings and as needed Additionally, our team handles:
- Tasks and work orders for research and consultation for other IT teams and our business partners.
- Platform RTB work related to Agency Quoting applications & Tools. This includes items such as technical upgrades, modernization, etc. Required skills:
-strong working knowledge and experience with C#, Angular, APIs, Visual Studio, SQL Server, .Net Framework
- Troubleshooting/analytical skills
-strong understanding and experience with good unit testing practices
-Excellent Communication skills
-Proven Drive for Quality
-Ability to work collaboratively and within a team environment Preferred skills and experiences:
-Knowledge and experience in Git, Cloud technologies, .Net Core, CI/CD
-Experience working on production support and using monitoring tools such as SPLUNK, ITSI, Distributed Tracing
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SQL Server
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.