Sr. Business Analyst
The Business Analyst is responsible for discovering, validating, documenting and communicating business processes and requirements. The BA is responsible for medium to large projects. The BA is an integral part of projects teams and responsible for understanding and representing the client's requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
Please apply if interested!
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 120 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Working with clients to analyze, design and develop new business processes to meet the business objectives.
- Facilitating workshops with diverse clients to reach agreement on requirements.
- Experience in higher education and admissions processes desired, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Experience with data mapping methods and techniques beneficial.
- Translating and documenting business processes and requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and other models.
- Working with Project Managers to ensure smooth and timely completion of requirements.
- Providing input on scope and approach in project plans, based on an understanding of the clients' requirements and priorities.
- Working with internal IS&T teams to deliver functional specifications.
- Acting as client advocate during project life cycle to ensure business requirements and processes are understood and addressed during design, development, SIT and UAT.
The ideal candidate will be excited to join an energetic team focused on delivering high quality projects in partnership with our clients. Specific requirements are:
- Has worked successfully in a client oriented team environment
- Has experience in process re-engineering, requirements elicitation, and creating and maintaining related project documentation
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to collaborate with clients and think of out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- B.A. /B.S. Required, BABOK certification beneficial.
- Three plus years of related experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Business Analysis
- Business Systems Analyst
- Six Sigma
- User Stories
- Gap Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.