job summary: Description
The Android UX team drives innovative experiences for Pixel and Android users around the world. We leverage close partnerships with Engineering, Product, Hardware, and Marketing to bring beautiful and intuitive user interactions to Pixel and Android devices. Team members have the pride and fulfillment of seeing their work directly represented in Google's products.
In this role, you will be focused on developing, driving, and/or supporting a range of programs. You'll combine expert program management skills with a passion for user experience. This is a unique role where you will have the opportunity to be a champion for UX by driving programs that impact the global Google UX organization, and in some cases the greater UX community. Our team focuses on a wide range of programs from thinking about how to foster healthy cross-functional partnerships to enhancing internal cohesion via best practices, to working externally with partners, educators, and industry leaders.
As a UX Program Manager, you are comfortable diving in, shaping and driving programs to tackle ambiguous problems spaces. Partnering with UX, PM, and Engineering, you foster an environment for open collaboration and develop plans that will guide a team to achieve a shared vision. You will also manage all project-related communications and reporting to team members, leaders and other stakeholders.
This job requires you to be an expert juggler, a master planner, and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple unrelated projects that can often span both quarters and continents.
- BA/BS in any field or at least 4 years equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years experience managing interactive, design, or creative projects.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems. Working knowledge of project management software.
- Proficient with spreadsheets or similar and Google Docs.
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design process and product development process.
- Thrives when challenged with vague/undefined program/project scope and is scrappy, creative, and strategic when proposing solutions for both strategic programs and operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience and accomplishments.
- Experience with influencing and leading organizational change to implement a process.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of project management software, spreadsheet applications and Google Docs.
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced, changing environment.
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Quick learner Understands the role of culture in the success of an organization Rapid Synthesis - e.g., crystalize salient points from rambling discussions
- Great Communication Skills, including killer notes, info dissemination, writing, meeting/project facilitation, and reporting (team, external, managing up).
- Solid project management skills, including knowledge-based prioritization, scoping, resourcing, planning, time management, building/applying structure, managing ambiguity, risk identification and solution development.
- Cross-functional knowledge and communication Champion UX and UX teams Effective engagement w/external agencies and 3rd parties - schedule, reviews, deliverables, budget
- Experience operating in large scale corporate environments as well as design agencies.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $90 - 129 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assess ambiguous problem spaces, conduct impact analysis, and scope the problem domain; Create detailed program plans, success metrics, and align key stakeholders.
- Establish and lead operating processes and tools for effectively managing and scaling programs for long-term success and sustainability.
- Partner effectively on behalf of the business internally and cross-functionally to drive key programs, processes, and initiatives.
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership and stakeholders, based on analysis, experience, and good judgment.
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making with leaders, teams, and volunteer resources within the organization and across Google.
- Establish trusted partnerships and manage largely volunteer-based resources to accelerate development and implementation of key programs.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.