We're seeking an entry level Full Stack Java Developer to join a growing team for a storied organization in the Pittsburgh area. Fully Remote work is an option for the right candidate! The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of documented Java experience that includes front end frameworks such as Angular and React as well as expertise building APIs using REST web services. Contact us today for more information!
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develops and supports in-house custom applications for web and mobile applications while following established frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
- Analyzes business needs and defines requirements with stakeholders from various departments
- Works with development teams including System Administrators, Database Administrators, Application Programmers, and Application System Analysts in a 24/7 environment to create software solutions.
- Designs client-side and server-side architecture.
- Builds the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Develops and manages well-functioning back-end business logic for applications.
- Writes effective APIs and integrates systems through single-sign on, LDAP authentication, identity management, APIs, custom APIs, etc.
- Builds features and applications with a mobile responsive design and ensures compatibility across current browsers and platforms.
- Implements security and data protection settings, enforcing security procedures and best practices at all times. Helps to identify and investigate security risks.
- Tests software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, performs performance tuning and upgrades software.
- Assists in the collection of data, and aids in the creation of performance metrics to look for opportunities to improve software.
- Writes technical documentation including source code notes, schematics, and overviews.
- Proven Java development experience
- HTML 5, CSS 3, BootStrap, XML, and responsive & modern UX design knowledge and abilities
- RESTful APIs
- Apache HTTP server, Tomcat and ColdFusion server administration.
- Linux administration
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Java (2 years of experience is required)
- REST API (2 years of experience is required)
- HTML (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.