Chrome OS is looking for a technical project manager to assist with projects managed by Chrome OS Technical Account Management Team. The candidate will actively manage Chrome OS device development projects and assist day-to-day tasks managed by the team including post mass production support for Chrome OS devices, communicating with both internal and external partners, and actively chase technical and operational issues to closure.
Your experience and qualifications:
Preferred (but not required) experience and qualifications:
- Experience Level: 5+ years work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Science or equivalent fields of education
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and communicate project updates to executives.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, documentation).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
- Self-starter who is able to quickly learn new tools and gain familiarity with new processes and technologies with minimal assistance.
- Experienced with creating spreadsheets, presentation material, and project / process documentation.
- Experience working on customer support workflows and scaling up such initiatives
- Experience working on device certification processes, eg. Android CTS
- Demonstrate observational and analysis skills, including:
- ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information
- ability to track and report metrics, and manage risks
- strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with consumer electronics, including:
- Phones and tablets
- IoT devices.
- ITIL Certification. Change Management experience. Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Understanding and experience with hardware development life cycle (Proto, EVT, DVT, PVT, MP phases).
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 63 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The ideal candidate works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends, follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as an advisor and partner to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, process flows.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.