The DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting the set-up, implementation, operation, security, orchestration, scaling, monitoring and troubleshooting for mission critical systems and applications. Helps automate and streamline our operations and processes while working closely with the Software Development groups and senior IT management. As the practice of DevOps itself continues to evolve, you will also be integral in evolving our technology stack as well as standards and practices for both efficiency and practicality across the enterprise. Performs other duties as assigned.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Support and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Drive, design implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production, consistent with required separation of responsibilities. Support development activities in all features in PRGX's Continuous Integration Platform.
- Support the maintenance of all operational activities related to the DevOps systems.
- Oversee automated deployments into our production and staging environments.
- Collaborate with development, QA, operations, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through the PRGX's entire deployment pipeline.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline. Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Responsible for understanding third-party application automation products and applying them to development tasks in a reliable manner.
- Understand where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and support projects to implement these solutions to gain organizational savings.
- Responsible for ensuring high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical applications.
- Liaise with other technical teams (i.e., operations, security, development, networking, IT Management, etc.) as well assist in multi-departmental Projects.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
- Document all DevOps and Continuous Delivery processes and systems on PRGX's Confluence site.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 2+ years of experience working with and managing Kubernetes in a production environment with container technologies such as Docker. Openshift experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and experience with configuration management, CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, and other DevOps tools.
- 2+ years of working experience in infrastructure operations, server administration and software development.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities.
- Ensure System configuration is consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (Windows Server and Linux/Unix), current equipment and technologies in use, system performance monitoring tools, and good knowledge and experience with Linux.
- Networking fundamentals, mainly TCP/IP, and a basic understanding in routing and switching protocols.
- Understanding application layer protocols, (http, soap, dns, smtp, snmp, ssh, tls/ss, etc.).
- Understanding of application security specifications such as SAML, OAuth2, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience with web and application servers such as Apache, IIS, nginx, and JBoss.
- Knowledge of proxies and Web Application Firewalls like apache mod_proxy, Mod_Security, haproxy.
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, MSSQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience deploying and managing various application stack footprints, (Java, PHP, Python).
- Knowledge of log aggregation and analysis technologies such as the ELK stack.
- Knowledge of API management and proxy technologies.
- Knowledge of versioning tools such as subversion and Git.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
- Security and/or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit.
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to peers, senior management, and other non-technical personnel.
- An ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility within the team.
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple IT projects, as well as manage day to day operations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.