An award-winning HR Technology and Services Company revolutionizing the way employers expand and manage employees internationally. Global expansion is becoming more and more a part of the modern workplace, and with that comes things like remote work and spread-out teams. As Elements is a truly global company, we take care of our client's employees worldwide. From Chicago to Manila, from Johannesburg to Delhi and Honk Kong, we provide top-class benefits to all the employees we serve every day. With offices all around the world and teams spread out between multiple time zones, you too can benefit from the "Glocal" team strategy, giving our employees the flexibility, they need to do their very best work the best way they can.
A revolution cannot be done alone, and we need the best and brightest talent to continue our growth into the new modern workplace. We are looking to expand our team by hiring a UI engineer / Front-end Engineer to join our team and act as a strategic partner between the product, design, and development teams
location: CHICAGO, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Key responsibilities:
What we value:
- Take an active role in the development projects for the website, both large and small, throughout the various phases of the project life cycle. Assess new initiatives to determine the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Lead and mentor other team members to develop shared best practices and development standards.
- Maintain existing code and functionality once it is assimilated into the ongoing operations of the Web business.
- An interest in sharing knowledge about new technologies with the team and facilitating the implementation of such technologies across projects.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Development with cross-browser/cross-device compatibility in a graded browser support environment.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Participate in Web data builds and deployment efforts.
- Working in an Agile development cycle using advanced Scrum methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- You have 6+ years' expertise writing semantic HTML5/HTML and CSS3/CSS.
- You have expertise with LESS and/or SASS CSS pre-processors.
- You have expertise with Bootstrap and Adaptive/Responsive development techniques.
- You have expertise with single page applications (React/Redux) and microservices.
- You have experience with object-oriented coding; version/source control, bug tracking, and workflow applications/tools.
- You have experience with HTML5 APIs (like canvas, local storage, etc.).
- Experience with Node.js is good to have.
- You have strong knowledge of AWS services /Azure services (preferred).
- You have knowledge of ETL tools like Talend, DBT is a plus.
- You have knowledge of AZURE Machine Learning.
- You have knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability.
- You demonstrate solid problem solving, technical troubleshooting, and decision-making skills, as well as excellent communication, initiative, and teamwork.
- You bring experience working in an Agile environment Previous experience working with B2B SaaS products a plus. (HR/HCM/Finance a bigger plus).
- You are fluent in English; it is our working language.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- User Interactive
- User Interaction
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.