A Lead Software Engineer is responsible for the development of large applications, data conversions, etc. along with their design, test, and implementation, from requirements through to L3. This role is for an expert-level software engineer, who is a major contributor to the Software Engineer Center of Excellence, providing thought leadership and "raising the bar" for the standard of software being created in the department. Also provide some mentoring for Associate Software Engineers & Software Engineers as necessary.
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 74 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Participates in the analysis and design of solutions
- Documents requirements, analyses, designs, and work estimates, at a software level.
- Implements software that meets the design requirements, works correctly, with coding that is clear, testable, and efficient. Unit tests should be built into the software.
- Works closely with test and deployment groups to ensure high quality solutions that are easy to test & deploy.
- Analyzes and resolves program defects & unexpected behavior in their own code and code developed by others.
- Certified in Software Engineering
- Major contributor to Software Engineering Center of Excellence, with a focus on leading the continuous improvement work.
- Role model and mentor for other software engineers.
- Provides technical advice and consultation for problems requiring advanced techniques.
- Conducts a full range of programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging and documentation for a variety of general applications programs including data manipulation, input and output routines reflecting a variety of equipment configurations.
- Manages full software development lifecycle including testing, implementation, and auditing.
- Partners with QA to prepare and conduct comprehensive system and programming tests.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers.
- Able to accurately estimate software projects.
- Has wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Angular JS (5 years of experience is required)
- .NET (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.