job summary: Description: Role Overview
- The Quality Control Specialist will work with the management team to help ensure internal and external quality standards are met.
- The Quality Analyst will analyze information and provide feedback to respective management so that skill gaps can be recognized and corrected.
- This role ensures quality standards are met by driving quality improvement initiatives.
location: Vernon Hills, Illinois
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure operating and quality control procedures are in place and in use.
- Perform quality control checks on customer orders according to their specifications.
- Inspect devices for physical damage and software integrity.
- Support quality management systems within the configuration center.
- Support the resolution of internal quality control investigations.
- Help department to coordinate training for quality control procedure changes or new system implementation.
- Contribute to department's procedure documentation. Proactively shares best practices and resources with coworkers.
- Cross-train on existing processes. Responsibilities
- Complete projects and tasks assigned by management
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases may be required
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday), and 51-75 pounds rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Demonstrate ability to perform eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Partner with external vendors or contractors to either build or tailor vendor materials to meet Client-specific needs when necessary.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to share best practices & support key departmental initiatives. Serve as the subject matter expert to the sales environment.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to assemble and disassemble computer equipment, mechanically inclined
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers at all levels of the organization as well as external parties Preferred Qualifications
- Technical certifications
- Prior experience in quality management or quality control methods
- Required Qualifications for Internal Applicants only:
- Basic knowledge of Client's internal systems
- Knowledge of computer components and configuration of various types of computers, as demonstrated by previous experience building and installing computers
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience with the ability to demonstrate knowledge.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.