One of our Austin clients has a Developer position for one of the Agile software development teams which builds comprehensive arrays of solutions around data warehousing and BI/analytics. This developer will provide support in all aspects of data movement for a data warehouse environment (On-Prem to/from cloud) with a strong ETL focus on building and maintaining the Enterprise Operational Data Store (ODS). Persons in this position must understand the development and maintenance techniques surrounding efficient data movement, management, and integration.
This position is responsible for development and production-support (bug-fixes) for various custom and off-the-shelf financial and reporting applications. It requires strong communication, collaboration, and software development best practices in a complex software development organization.
Experience with high transaction volume, highly available, secure systems is desirable.
- 5+ years development experience (SQL, PL/SQL, Python, ETL, etc) required
- Must have 5+ years of experience working either a Data Warehousing, Database environments or SQL (relational) applications
- Development experience with high-transaction processing environment
- 3+ yrs of hands-on development experience with ETL tools (combination of Talend, OWB/ODI, DataStage, Informatica, or Pentaho) is required
- Knowledge of a reporting/analytics/Business Intelligence (BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau, etc.) tool would be an advantage
- Good understanding of basic Unix Scripting Language
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Snowflake Data Cloud
- Cloud development (specifically AWS)
- Distributed streaming platforms (Kafka)
- Change-Data-Capture (CDC) replication solutions (like STRIIM, etc.)
- DevOps (CI/CD), deployment automation
- Testing Automation
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for full SDLC support of data warehouse, data processing, and analysis applications in an Agile environment
- Experienced in working directly with customers to define requirements and formulate detailed specifications and backlog stories
- Maintain a suite of existing applications and provide critical production support to meet daily OLA/SLA and occasionally participate in rotating 24hr on-call support
- Identify opportunities to optimize our ODS (Operational Data Store / Data Warehouse) environment including monitoring, implementing quality (regression, automation), and data validation processes
- Participate in development and production support of non-ETL applications like Master Data Management (MDM), Qlik Sense (for BI Analytics), TIDAL (Enterprise Job Scheduler), etc. which interface with the ODS environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Warehouse (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Business Intelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.