job summary: Description:
**Candidates can be fully remote**; The successful candidate should have the ability to create efficient and effective data models in Power BI.
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels. Develop and test heuristics.
- Create and run models. Perform data exploration and data mining.
- Create business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
Work experience in addition to degree: Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or management of information systems.
- Working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling. Working knowledge of code writing.
- strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing. Understanding of and ability to use programming languages like Python and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models.
- Data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines. strong exploratory analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented. Mastery of statistics, machine learning, algorithms and advanced mathematics.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $40.06 - 50.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This position is responsible for business consulting activities for the Analytics Competency Center within various Client business units as the primary interface and as a liaison to Information Technology in order to: Serve as an expert in translating complex data into key strategy insights and valuable actions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.