job summary: Description: Role Overview
- Service Desk provide 24/7 coverage of Clients Network Operations Center and play a fundamental role in ensuring we meet or exceed the expectations of all clients as defined in our service level agreements.
- Analysts apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients.
- Analysts at Client are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging service offerings.
- They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Areas of Responsibility
- Understand and Deliver Managed Service offerings as outlined in the Client Service Descriptions and Service Catalog
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the Client ManS Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Primarily responsible for providing top-level technical support, including problem resolution, technical change implementation, telephone and one-on-one technical support within defined service level agreements for clients.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- Provide alert response as well as email and telephone technical support for data center and managed services clients
- Take ownership of the incident/request and drive it to resolution
- Document and track troubleshooting steps, incident solutions and support requests
- Keep clients informed throughout the process and follow up with them to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Guide and mentor less experienced teammates by providing technical support, training, and direction
- Document and record time
- As a service desk provide Entry Level technical services with supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with supervision.
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Client through performing behaviors consistent with the Client Way.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Situation Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position.
- It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity.
- Responsibilities are subject to change.
Other Required Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- Associate's degree in a computer-related field, plus one year of experience in a relevant technical role, OR
- If no post secondary degree, a minimum 2 years in a technical support or systems administration role maintaining high service levels in a demanding environment.
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the Client Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers' business needs.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.