job summary: Job Description: Skills
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8 years+ of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Expert knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- 8 years+ of Java experience.
- strong communication skills.
- Experience with Hbase, kafka and spark.
- Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL - Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
- Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
- Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
- Expert knowledge of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HDF.
location: Englewood, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
- Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).