job summary: Description:
- Engineers at client are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings.
- Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients.
- Engineers at client are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings.
- They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $47.90 - 52.90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Summary of required/desired skillset for candidates:
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Azure administration experience
- Microsoft Windows Server: 2008 - 2019
- Knowledge of SCCM versions: 2012 R2 and Current Branch
- vmware vSphere/vCenter administration
- PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Root cause analysis of operating system and other issues
- Experience working in large data center environments
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements
- Citrix Server (Desired, not required)
- Technical certifications in one or more of the areas above preferred
- ITIL certification preferred (ITIL/ITSM experience)
- Understand and Deliver Managed Service offerings as outlined in the client Service Descriptions and Service Catalog
- Understand and follow the processes and procedures defined in the client ManS Standard Operating Procedures manual (SOP).
- Primarily responsible for providing top-level technical support, including problem resolution, technical change implementation, telephone and one-on-one technical support within defined service level agreements for clients.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Provide design, implementation, and technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- As an Engineer III provide intermediate level technical services with some, little supervision from Managers, Team Leads, and Technology Owners
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with some supervision.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc.).
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (i.e.: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of client through performing behaviors consistent with the client Way.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Conducts training of customers and company employees in both formal and informal environments.
- Works directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 6-8 years engineering experience.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
Preferred Qualifications: Windows-specific:
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Ability to establish customer trust and confidence in the client Managed Services knowledge of and concern for customers' business needs.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the customers while meeting deadlines.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Service focused and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all Coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance.
- Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
- Experience in the administration of the Windows operating system.
- Azure administration experience
- Experience in Windows server deployments.
- Experience in Windows automation tools.
- Experience in configuring Windows clustering.
- Experience in connecting Windows servers to supported SAN technologies.
- Experience with virtualization technologies. (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Windows SCOM, SCCM/WSUS and any type of scripting
- Experience Expert in operating system tuning.
- Experience in root cause analysis of operating systems issues
- Working knowledge of backup clients.
- Working knowledge of server hardware
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.