Our client is hiring for a Remote SQL Server DBA.
This person will be responsible for the design, development, upgrade, maintenance and overall performance planning of the database environments from project inception to ongoing support and decommissioning of the databases. This person will manages DBA support queue in issue tracking system, proactively monitors SQL servers for performance, security, stability, and recovery, etc.
location: Folsom, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
- Manages DBA support queue in issue tracking system.
- Proactively monitors SQL servers for performance, security, stability, and recovery.
- Identifies opportunities and implements solutions for users to self-serve repeated requests.
- Implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases.
- Enhances existing database architecture to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment.
- Participates in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis and definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
- Learns relevant business processes and understand and manage the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Assists scrum teams with SQL development and writing complex stories/procedures.
- Participates in 24x7 on call rotation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SQL Server (3 years of experience is preferred)
- T-SQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.