Our client is seeking a Remote SQL Developer.
The SQL Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and maintaining data solutions, Extract, Transform, load (ETL), SQL queries, and stored procedures built on Microsoft technologies and in accordance with established standards. Develop, test, and maintain SQL queries, and stored procedures built on Microsoft technologies and in accordance with established standards.
location: Folsom, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform these essential functions.
- Develop, test, and maintain SQL queries, and stored procedures built on Microsoft technologies and in accordance with established standards.
- Create ETL packages via SSIS which migrate data from different DBMS's, and creating procedures to load data to enterprise database.
- Assist in managing and maintaining all DB instances in our environment as to updates, indexing, log maintenance, services/jobs maintenance and performance tuning.
- Develop SQL processes and schema to support reporting applications.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of SQL environment.
- Prepare and support deployment of releases.
- Write application and database code based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and existing code.
- Review bottlenecks / fragmentation of tables to determine if indexes must be rebuilt.
- Participating with Agile teams / working with business partners to come up with solutions.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to troubleshoot production issues and work off-hours maintenance windows to accomplish upgrades, problem resolution or other maintenance window activities.
- Working knowledge of SQL backups, administration, security and support of a High Availability environment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- MSSQL (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.