Position title: Service Desk Level 2 Technician
Location: This position will sit out of their site in Euclid, OH. Candidates must be local to Euclid OH and come onsite
Remote Flexibility- On-site- Hybrid Schedule
A client, located in Euclid, OH, is seeking a full-time Service Desk Level One technician to design and support the corporate infrastructure solutions, by acting in this role with a team of technology professionals. The Service Desk Level One technician performs activities related to supporting the technical solutions in all locations. The Service Desk Level One Technician will provide Active Directory, Microsoft365, Windows Operating System, hardware and peripheral support throughout the organization. The Service Desk Level One Technician will create and review technical documentation to ensure efficient support and service our employees. The candidate should bring teamwork, customer service, organizational skills and flexibility attributes to this position. Should bring the following qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple issues
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Experience working with network and server management support
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment
location: Euclid, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: The candidate will be required to:
- Provide support to end users on a variety of computer system and infrastructure technology issues over the phone, through email, in person, and online chat.
- Analyze computer system hardware and software functional incidents by consulting with the end user to determine the nature of the issue. Design, resolve, test, and document the modification of the hardware or software required to eliminate the problem.
- Analyze computer system functional requests by consulting with the end user to determine the required specifications. Recommend, design, resolve, test, and document the modification of the hardware or software required to meet the request.
- Design, develop, document, and test procedures used to modify their computer systems to Lasko's design specifications. These should be written at the end user's comprehension level.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve common Microsoft365/Office365 and Microsoft Windows 10 issues.
- Analyze, using diagnostic tools and troubleshooting techniques, and resolve technical application or operating system issues to maintain the performance of the computer system within required service levels.
- Be an end user advocate by seeking to identify common issues, working within the business to eliminate future occurrences, and educating end users with helpful hints or business based best practices.
- Take ownership of incident identification through resolution. Prioritize and schedule incident support and escalate (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Accurately log all Service Desk tickets and work efforts using the defined tracking software.
- Oversee network and server monitoring systems to ensure reliable service levels and avoid service outages.
- Perform user maintenance in Active Directory and Lasko specific applications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve connectivity and VPN issues, using VPN / token management tools to administrate and support end user VPN access connectivity and VPN issues.
- Support the process of deploying computers and laptops for end users, resolve minor mobile device issues.
- Identify and request purchases based on the needs of the end users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Active directory
- IT Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.