job summary: Tell us about your department:
Commerce View is responsible for the Cart and Checkout experience on the website - this includes everything from the click of an "Add to Cart" button for a product, to the "Thank you for your order" page that is shown after a purchase. Commerce View applications feature integrations with services related to Pricing, Inventory, Fulfillment, Tax, 3rd-party payment, Incentives, Customer Data, and Order Management. The user experience includes web-based UIs (desktop and mobile) as well as native mobile applications for both iOS and Android. Project Description:
We deliver a world-class commerce experience that is underpinned by maintainable, highly tested system architecture and application code. Team members are expected to execute on complex requirement sets as part of the core of the website commerce capability.
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $51 - 61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This is a senior QA Engineer role, which will involve testing a variety of applications maintained by the Commerce View team. These applications include desktop web views, mobile web views, as well as native experiences in the mobile app. Testing will involve writing automation test cases (web and mobile) as well as some manual test scenarios. All candidates should exhibit the following qualities:
1. strong technical communication skills.
2. Ability to work as a part of a team of engineers.
3. Willingness to develop a deep understanding of complex business domains.
4. Friendly and cooperative demeanor.
5. Ability to handle high-stress situations such as urgent incidents in production Overall QA responsibilities also include the following:
- Create and follow manual test plans.
- Create and follow automated test plans.
- Efficiently log and track defects in JIRA.
- Interact with multiple teams for integration testing and for test data needs.
- Attend Sprint Planning meetings and other related Agile testing activities.
- Participate in defining acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Document and summarize test results and report findings .
- Develop and provide testing metrics and reports for QA dashboards to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management.
- Help document and track key project milestones and overall project deliverables, and adhere to organizational quality standards. What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
1. 5+ years of overall QA experience.
2. 3+ years of QA automation experience.
3. 2+ years of mobile automation testing experience (e.g., Appium).
4. Experience in finding the root cause of issues by analyzing application logs in systems such as Splunk or Kibana.
5. Experience testing front-end applications using browser developer tools to track network requests, inspect DOM elements and components, and monitor console errors.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Manual QA Testing
- Automated QA Testing
- Test Plans/Cases/Scripts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.