Are you an Infrastructure Engineering expert? Our client in Washington DC is looking to fill a contractor position on their Workplace Desktop Engineering team. This person must be an expert in Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, and be able to go in to the office on rare occasion. While this is not a 100% remote position, it should be 90-95% remote. Apply today!
location: WASHINGTON, District of Columbia
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Workplace Desktop Engineering: Contractor Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 best practices
- 5+ years Microsoft (MS) Windows Desktop, Active Directory/Group Policy administration experience Preferred Qualifications
- VMWare Certified Professional certification is a plus
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification is a plus
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician certification is a plus About us
The Workplace Desktop Engineering team is a solution focused group of highly skilled technicians tasked with leading project and continuous service improvements within the Workplace Technology/Infrastructure service areas. In this role, customer service skills and professional and pleasant communications with internal/external clients is a critical component of this position. In addition, this role will work on technical architecture, development, automation and enterprise-wide projects to provide solutions to optimize performance and increase value for the Society. Description Workplace Technology is looking to fulfill a contractor position on their Workplace Desktop Engineering team.
Here are some of the core responsibilities and requirements of this position:
- M365 and Azure administration experience is required
o M365 administration knowledge to include, but not limited to: OneDrive, SharePoint, O365, Teams, etc.
o Knowledge of Azure AD integration and maintenance
- Experience with Citrix server and desktop/app virtualization is highly desired o Citrix Cloud configuration, administration and maintenance
- Incident management o Monitor daily ticket intake for the team.
o Manage/resolve incidents based on priority.
- Advanced Endpoint Administration
o Advanced knowledge of end point security functions and responsibilities, such as; patching, anti-virus, encryption, etc.
o Experience with Microsoft / Ivanti EPM suite or equivalent system management tool
o Experience with software deployment: MSI, packaging tools (i.e., Pace Suite, Admin Studio Pro)
- Ability to design, develop and implement automation (Batch, VBScript, PowerShell) in a MS Windows desktop environment is required
- Experience leading and supporting large scale desktop product implementations (i.e., Office 365, Windows 10, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Crowdstrike, etc.)
o strong communication/organizational skills to include documentation (SOPs, Project planning, User Instructions, etc.)
o Self-starter with a strategic mindset and ability to work in a fast paced, agile team environment o Understanding of project management methodologies
- Identity and access management (Ivanti Identity Director, Avecto, BeyondTrust) is desirable
- Apple MacOS experience and administration is desirable
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.