Are you an infrastrucuture engineer looking for your next opportunity? Our Washington DC client is hiring for an Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the deployment, maintenance, management and monitoring of enterprise storage platforms, server operating systems, infrastructure appliances and services. The Infrastructure Engineer also provides 3rd level IT support for storage, server operating system and software issues. This is an almost 95% remote opportunity that is based around Washington DC/New York City. This person must be withing driving distance. Apply today!
location: WASHINGTON, District of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage and configure network attached storage systems and block storage arrays, including data migration, access control management, SAN connectivity, snapshot schedules, replication and data protection
- Manage and configure Windows Server 2012/2016 in a VMWare ESX environment: deployment, automation, patching, troubleshooting, monitoring, AV and malware protection
- Support Active Directory, including Azure AD
- Evaluate systems infrastructure needs of the firm. Make hardware, software, and vendor recommendations. Take part in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services
- Maintain and develop required diagrams, documentation and procedures to ensure continuous operation of supported infrastructure systems.
- Assist with development of procedures, policies and standards for infrastructure operations to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Liaise with other Information Technology (IT) teams and vendors to support various requests and coordinate, develop and recommend the design of information systems to meet the needs of the firm
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
- Ensure security of network against e.g., viruses, security breaches
- Responsible for management of a project or task from inception to completion with management oversight
- Act as a backup for Systems Architects in absence thereof
- Troubleshoot network and server issues and escalate them to the appropriate internal or external service provider
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation as directed to respond to reported issues with systems infrastructure and coordinate departmental resources in resolving those issues
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Active directory (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.