job summary: Summary:
The main function of a systems architect is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems architect analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs. Skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 0-3 years experience required.
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 56 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.