The Service Desk team provides both remote and field support. The Desktop Support Technician II is responsible for installing and maintaining basic/advanced computer equipment, software, applications, printers, and peripherals. Troubleshoots advanced issues and provides intermediate support for Service Desk operations. Monitors systems performance, identifies system malfunctions and responds to alerts. The Desktop Support Technician II is also responsible first response answering, commenting, and replying to open incidents and service requests in the IT service management solution. This position is responsible for software and account management, asset management and general day-to-day help desk requests as well as being accountable for interpreting, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving advanced technical problems of the computer and telephone systems including network, email, applications, computer hardware, and PBX phone systems, mobile and office equipment for both onsite and remote employees. Will work closely with the Desktop Support Technician I and provide assistance with escalated requests. Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Required: High School Diploma; Preferred: Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field
- Required: 2+ years' experience with progressively more responsibility including a wide range of networking activities.
- Knowledge and experience of network server installation/maintenance, microcomputer hardware/software support, switch configuration, WAN management and PBX Telephony.
- Demonstrates experience working with the latest versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office applications.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot technical issues and work through to completion.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability and motivation to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress and to handle a heavy workload.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Coach and develop - Mentor others.
- Establish an environment conducive to continuous feedback.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and to represent the organization publicly.
- Ability to travel in light and commercial aircraft or drive his/her personal auto in order to meet all job duties and responsibilities.
- Current Driver's license required.
location: DALLAS, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Job Functions:
- Work with customers for all calls, emails, and walk-up requests? Clearly, thoroughly, and accurately document all pertinent information, including full details of the nature of the problem or request, categorization, prioritization, and callers' correct information. Resolve incidents and service requests where possible and practical. Follow up with service providers and internal escalation points to ensure effective and timely resolution in accordance with service level targets. Recommending, configuration, installation, maintenance, and training of end user technology (such as personal computer, laptop, smartphone, mobile workforce devices, etc.) and software.
- Provide installation and support services for all hardware and software, Windows computers, Macintosh computers, mobile devices, network equipment, telephones, televisions, AV equipment, printers, scanners, fax machines, etc. Assist with small office moves; primarily computer and telephone system disconnects/reconnects. Make suggestions on how to improve systems, use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information, which will help improve team performance.
- Performs advanced trouble shooting on computer platforms, parts replacement, system upgrades, software application, and deployments. Identifies potential issues that could adversely impact End User experience and follows through on documented action steps.
- Create, maintain, and disable user accounts and groups across email, proprietary software and phone systems including requests for password resets, hardware diagnostics, desktop releases and updates across peripherals.
- Distribute, set-up, break-down, operate, and oversee the use of multimedia equipment including video recording and projection, audio reinforcement and recording, document cameras, data projection, computers, and additional multimedia equipment for lecture halls, classrooms, event spaces, and conference rooms.
- Fully Document all relevant information including the impact to the customer, problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion, and assign appropriate priority in the service desk system. Resolve as many incidents and requests as possible without reassignment/escalation and within service desk time parameters, using documented procedures, and available tools. Review existing processes, procedures, knowledge assets and services for improvement opportunities, and work with Desktop Support Technician III and Director, Information Technology (as needed) to implement necessary changes.
- Installs, tests, repairs, and upgrades network cabling and connectors infrastructure (copper, fiber, and others) for data networks inside offices, within buildings, between buildings, and at remote sites, documents accurately all changes. This work includes managing vendors to complete cabling work.
- Maintains skills as technology and implementations evolve to assist the company as it adds and expands its service offerings.
- Working on a rotating schedule, takes calls evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide user support and network uptime.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 10lbs
- standing for 2 hours at one time
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Desktop Support
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Network server installation
- Network server maintainance
- Switch configuration
- WAN management
- PBX Telephony
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.