Our Major Financial Client is seeking a DevOps Engineer Professional.
- Extensive experience with build and integration tools, including Jenkins, Gradle and Git
- Experience trouble shooting Unix/Linux/RHEL hardware and software problems
- Hands on experience with build scripting, deployment and automated solutions using shell scripting, Python and Ansible
- Working knowledge of App Containerization using Docker Images and containers
- Familiarity with modern security best practices including firewalls, password maintenance, protection and authentication patterns
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development and programming experience with knowledge of application, data, architecture design patterns and principles.
- Must have excellent background in developing scalable applications and services based on Java frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Cloud, Hibernate, Kafka and Netflix stack for microservices.
- Excellent acumen to learn the business functions and features that need to be delivered.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with fundamental web front-end languages and frameworks.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, Sybase, Redis, MongoDB and so on.
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist team with modernizing the build, packaging and deployment of monthly software releases in alignment with industry best practices.
- Remediate technical debts, and implement software enhancements in support of upgrades.
- Implement configuration automation and monitoring/dashboards to support environment needs.
- Provide on-call support for business requests and infrastructure operations.
- Coordinate with cross-divisional teams working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Assist with infrastructure upgrades and adoption of new technologies.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.