Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Quicksburg, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Engineer Level II: Assists in design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. Performs simple and routine engineering design tasks with standard techniques. Engineer II requires 2 to 4 years of related experience with an associate's degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or 2-4 years commensurate experience in RF/Satellite communications.
Network Engineering and Operations Engineers are responsible for installation, monitoring, testing and maintenance of earth station telecommunications and associated equipment per specifications and operational procedures; Radio Frequency (RF), Intermediate Frequency (IF), and baseband technologies, along with other responsibilities including:
- Perform testing and diagnostic procedures on equipment according to published equipment standards with support. Use test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, interpret, troubleshoot, document and restore digital services.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Perform monitoring of vendor activities, and remote monitoring of other teleports when necessary.
- Monitor the network for anomalies and handle issues from customers according to established procedures for management and technical escalations.
- Monitor service level and take appropriate action to maintain.
- Perform with support the assembly, installation, configuration and/or testing of satellite and network equipment including amplifiers, modems, routers, switches, multiplexers, etc., along with associated wiring and cabling
- Coordinate the testing and turn up of service with all involved parties.
- Work with government, international and domestic customers to maintain highest level of service for their circuits.
- Responsible for site operation with minimal supervision during eight hour shifts.
- Commissioning of VSAT terminals for both I-Direct and Newtec networks.
- Responsible for multiple VSAT hubs on site providing many customers with critical services.
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures.
- Monitors earth station and terrestrial systems for proper operation.
- Establish good working relationship with internal/external departments to ensure timely completion of various tasks.
- Must be willing to work assigned shifts 24x7, scheduled and rotational coverage including last minute flexibility coverage as well as on-call rotations as needs of the business are presented.
- Other duties as may be assigned
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree with 2 to 4 years' experience, or the equivalent of a degree in appropriate education and experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Satellite Network Communications
- One or more years of experience with IP Technologies
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Electronics/Telecommunications.
- CCNA/CCNP or other Cisco Certifications.
- Other Satellite or IP Certifications.
- Education: Associates Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or 1-3 years commensurate experience in RF/Satellite communications.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.