Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Southlake, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The candidate will be responsible for developing automated solutions to deploy network configurations in a spine and leaf architecture network. This position includes responsibilities to research, engineer and build network automation solutions to drive efficiency of our next generation networks. The candidate will be responsible for leading automation efforts to scale network deployments through knowledge sharing with peers. The candidate must be detail oriented, think critically to solve issues in real-time and focused on the goal of automation while maximizing customer uptime and minimizing impact.
- Develop and engineer automated solutions to support service deployment and orchestration to enhance efficiency and achieve scale across both PNF and VNF functions with a focus on spine/leaf networks.
- Develop solutions to support the migration of physical elements and the rollout of new NFV applications.
- Work closely with the Design and Automation teams to produce timely and accurate automation solutions for the spine/leaf networks which are in line with established designs.
- Drive automation requirements back into the Design and Automation teams as well as vendors to evolve our technical capabilities to further efficiencies within the network.
- Provide leadership in defining use cases, and translating network engineering and operations requirements into automation features for development.
- Technically lead the adoption of automation by coordinating with internal and external teams including project management to set dates and drive changes into the network.
- Must lead technical projects and have the ability to build productive relationships with cross functional teams in technical discussions to drive actionable conclusions.
- Think critically and make technical and business decisions which drive progress forward while putting customer uptime first.
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Focus on high availability, resiliency, security, efficiency, and operational supportability while meeting or exceeding the project schedule.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- 5+ years of experience with operating and engineering a Cisco routing and switching environment.
o Cisco routing / switching experience required.
o Juniper & Nokia experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge and direct operational experience with TCP/IP (v4 & v6), BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, QOS, MPLS.
- Knowledge of data center fabric networks required (Underlay/Overlay, VXLAN, VLAN, Ethernet VPN, Segment Routing).
- Experience in SDN, NFV and Openstack deployments as well as controller based environments.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Itential Automation Platform (Pronghorn), Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO/Tail-F), Ansible, Chef, Puppet, HP NFV Director are a plus.
- Automation experience using software/scripting programming such as Python to automate repetitive network processes is required.
- Functional experience with Gitlab software lifecycle process (CI/CD) is required.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Ability to perform independent analysis and plan for implementation, paying special attention to details and objectives.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with results-oriented focus.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical leadership by delivering scalable solutions across teams while managing to a schedule.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Data Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.