job summary: Overview:
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to support the Reach - Analytics, Insights and Measurement (AIM) user experience team. You'll conduct and assist in primary research efforts to help reveal what our users need from our products. Top Responsibilities
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-person or remote usability sessions
- Create participant screeners, study plans, study scripts, final reports
- Moderate user studies
- Take notes and capture data
- Analyze product feedback, identify trends, create reports
- Data preparation and coding
- Conduct literature reviews
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers, field research, surveys.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- M.A/M.S. in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Highlight-video creation
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.