We are currently sourcing for a Java Developer to work in the Healthcare Group in Durham, NC.
The Health Care Technology Group supports the recordkeeping and administration of health benefits (medical, dental and vision plans) and life insurance plans on behalf of s corporate clients, their employees and retirees. The technology associates on the HCG Platform team interact with business partners as well as systems partners who have responsibility for client-facing channels such as NetBenefits. The development teams are located across USA and India. Team size is 150+ resources across IT and Product. Highly motivated team works completely on Agile Methodology. The Expertise You Have:
The Skills You Bring:
- strong Java/J2EE development working on enterprise level applications
- Good understanding on Cloud applications architecture and micro services model development including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Experienced with building framework for modern transactional and data processing applications
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in an energetic work environment while meeting work you're doing.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills, are able to successfully communicate with other team members and build positive relationships
- Understanding of Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
- Prior experience working with development teams in onshore-offshore model
- Experience or exposure to several of the following concepts and technologies is desired:
- Application development using Java EE, Spring framework
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Experience using Docker containers and PaaS CloudFoundry
- Understanding of and experience with Micro-Services Architecture concepts and emerging patterns such as APIs, JAX-RS, REST/JSON
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This associate will work on one of the top initiatives crafting a brand-new Platform for our Health/Wellness platform and will be responsible for the development and design of the core platform which will be utilized to host these brand-new applications. This platform will originally sit within the Private internal cloud and in phase 2 will move to AWS.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
- JAVA PROGRAMMER
- JAVA CONSULTANT
- J2EE DEVELOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.