job summary: Project Overview:
- The Google Ads team has an important mission of powering the open and free internet with the best technology that connects users and businesses everywhere. As UX researchers, we shape the future of Google Ads by illuminating advertisers' needs and pain points, building empathy, and identifying new opportunities.
- We're looking for a meticulous User Experience Researcher with excellent communication skills and interest in different research methods to run a program of regular user studies and to assist with other research tasks. Being early in your career is fine because this role will allow you to build a strong industry-grade resume. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you may need to work on evenings from time to time.
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- A completed college degree with relevant coursework in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, Social Sciences, or other fields focusing on human behavior.
- At least 1-2 years of product research experience or experience in an applied research setting.
- Experience with all stages of usability testing, interviews, surveys, and literature reviews: from scoping work to communicating the results.
- Proven record of excellent teamwork skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to quickly changing schedules and different projects.
- Can distill actionable insights from qualitative data so that non-researchers can act on them.
- Prior experience of working on enterprise (B2B) products and/or in advertising.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create research plans, usability study scripts, and survey questionnaires in collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers. Work with recruiters to recruit the right research participants. Set up test materials.
- Moderate usability studies, conduct user interviews, run surveys and diary studies. Analyze the results.
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations. This includes creating slides, creating graphs, and very basic photo/video editing.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.