- Leads the development of new projects at high levels of complexity and broad scope. Functions as a resource to resolve systems analysis and testing issues. Works to resolve technical challenges, as well as interpersonal and / or team performance issues in regards to development.
- With subject matter experts, develop and document precise operational specifications and match these to system capabilities
- Complete assigned project deliverables accurately and on time
- Facilitate workflow validation & system testing
- Support end-users and facilitate end user adoption
location: SAN FRANCISCO, California
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Broadly encompassing or highly In-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of operations, systems and functions, including planning, design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills to effectively train, support, and collaborate productively with clinical users and key stakeholders at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, to convey highly-technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users and staff in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Advanced analytical skills and expertise in documentation and reporting, with the ability to apply metrics, plan and implement testing systems, collect and analyze performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses for management use.
- Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with key personnel and management, providing guidance and recommendations on systems, improvements, upgrades, and industry advances and trends.
- Available for 7X24 application support
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Epic Ambulatory (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.