job summary: Project Overview:
We are looking for a designer that will focus on driving critical initiatives for the Shopping Ads & O+O UX Team. Our launches impact the user experience on vital Google surfaces such as Shopping, Discovery and Gmail as well as the advertiser buying experience for those product areas. Come be part of a team that is passionate and committed to creating inspiring and amazing experiences for both users and advertisers! Required Skills:
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- 5-8 years of relevant product design / interaction design experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Solid communication & presentation skills (verbal, visual, written)
- Confident in the process of concepting, iteration, and polished design execution.
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, information architecture and visual design.
- strong working knowledge of industry tools such as Figma, Sketch
- A portfolio demonstrating excellence in design - portfolio should showcase candidate's work, provide detail of their role on projects and show examples of functional designs that they have developed from start to finish
- Experience designing on mobile web or apps
- HTML / CSS inspection skills
- Motion design skills
- Illustration skills
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate closely with UX lead, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to define and execute product priorities.
- Effectively document and communicate designs through the creation and maintenance of high quality design mockups, flows, prototypes, and specs.
- Create designs using best practices and components from shared libraries, while pushing the level of design craftsmanship.
- Review implementation of designs to ensure all work is to spec.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.