job summary: Project Overview:
As a UX/Visual designer on our team, you will be responsible for visualizing new features across Local Services consumer and provider experiences. This is a fast growth area that looks holistically at local experiences across our properties, helping consumers and businesses connect and get things done.
As a member of this dedicated cross-functional team, you will be responsible for building, launching and growing commercial experiences. The team is working on multiple new products and features to grow local advertising spend.
We are a design-forward team of UX and visual designers and storytellers. We tackle problems together but own them individually, working closely with our Product, Engineering and Research partners. We believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid exploration and experimentation guided by a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs. Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Set project priority and communicate with the team to align
- Work on UX mocks to create concepts, iterate on the concepts based on the feedback and create a presentation
- Communicate with team members (PM, UX, Eng) to gather context to solve UX problems
- 5-8 years of product design experience (cross between Visual and Interaction Design); on the side of Visual Design in regards to design specifications at the component level (craft focused designer)
- strong emphasis on craft and visual execution with aesthetic sensibilities
- strong working knowledge of industry tools such as Figma and Principle
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, visual design and information architecture
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions at various levels of fidelity
- A portfolio demonstrating excellence in design - portfolio should showcase candidate's work, provide detail of their role on projects and show examples of functional designs that they have developed from start to finish
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Motion design and production skills in After Effects
- Illustration skills
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and create high quality proposals throughout the design process including wireframes and high fidelity mocks that illustrate key UIs in the Local Ads experience
- Execute in detail on typography, color, composition and interaction to create engaging, best in class product designs
- Collaborate across UX to define frameworks and UI components that create consistency and scale across Ad's surfaces
- Support the design of effective presentations that inspire and sell ideas at all levels and across organizations
- Work closely with Eng and PM partners to ensure components and patterns are well-documented
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the company brand spirit
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.