The Service Desk team provides both remote and field support. The Desktop Support Technician III is responsible for installing and maintaining basic/advanced computer equipment, software, applications, printers, and peripherals. Troubleshoots complex issues and provides advanced support for Service Desk operations. Assist with training Desktop Support staff and ensures support requirements are met. Monitors systems performance, identifies system malfunctions and responds to alerts. This position is also responsible for software and account management, asset management and general day-to-day help desk requests as well as being accountable for interpreting, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical problems of the computer and telephone systems including network, email, applications, computer hardware, and PBX phone systems, mobile and office equipment for both onsite and remote employees. The position will assist with all the daily prioritization, escalation, and assignment of all service desk requests. Will work closely with the Desktop Support Technician I/II and provide assistance with escalated requests. Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Required: High School Diploma; Preferred: Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field
- Required: 4+ years' experience with progressively more responsibility including a wide range of networking activities.
- Required: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Knowledge and experience of network server installation/maintenance, microcomputer hardware/software support, switch configuration, WAN management and PBX Telephony.
- Demonstrates experience working with the latest versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office applications.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot technical issues and work through to completion. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability and motivation to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress and to handle a heavy workload.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Coach and develop - Mentor others.
- Establish an environment conducive to continuous feedback.
- Provide small training session to allow others to grow in technical expertise. These may be to other technology team members or internal customers.
- Provide direction - Promote empowerment.
- Redirect operations as necessary to achieve objectives within Service Desk.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of team within Service Desk.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and to represent the organization publicly.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress and able to handle a heavy workload.
- Ability to travel in light and commercial aircraft or drive his/her personal auto in order to meet all job duties and responsibilities.
- Current Driver's license required.
location: DALLAS, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Job Functions: Technical Support and Problem Resolution:
Service Desk Reporting and System Improvement:
- Completes, escalates, and assigns Tasks, IT Incidents, and IT Service Requests in a timely fashion. Provide daily and long-term resource and operational management of service desk team members. Manage priorities, deadlines, and time critical situations. Design, implement, and coordinate 24x7x365 coverage for critical production systems.
- Act as primary IT representative to customers for all calls, emails, and walk-up requests? Clearly, thoroughly, and accurately documenting all pertinent information, including full details of the nature of the problem, categorization, prioritization and callers' correct information. Resolve incidents and service requests where possible and practical. Follow up with service providers and internal escalation points to ensure effective and timely resolution in accordance with service level targets.
- Provide installation and support services for all hardware and software, Windows computers, Macintosh computers, mobile devices, network equipment, telephones, televisions, AV equipment, printers, scanners, fax machines, etc. Assist with small office moves; primarily computer and telephone system disconnects/reconnects. Develop and support methods and procedures for synchronous technology adoption into the organization such as (video conferencing, Voice over IP, Chat).
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of unique, nonrecurring, and complex problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority, and nature, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Coordinate efforts with Third-Party service and maintenance providers as necessary to keep the company's Equipment and Software in good working order, working with the System Administrator or Director, Information Technology on warranty repairs and following the authorized warranty and repair authorization process.
- Create, maintain, and disable user accounts and groups across email, proprietary software and phone systems including requests for password resets, hardware diagnostics, desktop releases and updates across peripherals.
- Acts as the IT lead in the onboarding and off-boarding of employees, including configuring and confirming Outlook clients, shared network drives, Active Directory security groups, and desktop telephone/voicemail boxes. Implements training sessions with Desktop Support Technician I/II on technical and procedural topics to enhance skills and performance. Assist in New Hire Orientation training regularly.
- Fully Document all relevant information including the impact to the customer, problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion, and assign appropriate priority in the service desk system. Resolve as many incidents and requests as possible without reassignment/escalation and within service desk time parameters, using documented procedures, and available tools.
- Installs, tests, repairs, and upgrades network cabling and connectors infrastructure (copper, fiber, and others) for data networks inside offices, within buildings, between buildings, and at remote sites, documents accurately all changes. This work includes managing vendors to complete cabling work.
- Provide the Director, Information Technology, and other service desk team members with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems. Use service desk ticketing system in line with expectations to manage service desk workload.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and procedures. Evaluates status reports, customer satisfaction surveys and other metrics and makes recommendations for improvements. Manages SLAs, accountability for problem resolution, quality assurance and event management.
- Develop the Knowledge Management Systems according to ITIL Standards. Ensure the Creation, submission, and reviews Knowledge Base articles for implementation into knowledge management systems are accurate. Reviews Tier I/II tickets for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains skills as technology and implementations evolve to assist the company as it adds and expands its service offerings.
- Working on a rotating schedule, takes calls evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide user support and network uptime.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 10lbs
- standing for 2 hours at one time
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Desktop Support
- Network server installation
- Network server maintainance
- Switch configuration
- WAN management
- PBX Telephony
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.