job summary: Overview:
We are looking for a designer that will focus on driving critical initiatives for the Shopping Ads & O+O UX Team. Our launches impact the user experience on vital Google surfaces such as Shopping, Discovery and Gmail as well as the advertiser buying experience for those product areas. Come be part of a team that is passionate and committed to creating inspiring and amazing experiences for both users and advertisers! Minimum qualifications:
Nice to have skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools: Figma
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills (verbal, visual, written)
- Willing to take feedback and iterate
- Able to work independently on a given brief
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop and communicate the user experience via storyboards, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate with other designers, researchers
- Collaborate alongside product managers and software engineers and manage stakeholders
- Balance product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy
- Advocating design excellence by focusing on user needs and design consistency
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.