job summary: About the job
About UX Program Management: As a UX Program Manager, you will combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the design of products that are used by billions of users. You'll plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, create actionable insights, and ensure projects meet deadlines. You'll harmonize the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, UX Engineers, and other UX disciplines, while also working closely with our Engineering and Product Manager cross-functional partners, to drive UX team objectives and create innovative experiences for our business, products, and users.
What makes this job unique at Google
The Google Nest UX team is looking for a strong UX program manager to help define the design systems and guidelines that scale apps experiences for the home. In this role, you'll create program plans, and operational support for the UX Apps team across across the Nest portfolio and partnerships. Nest works at the intersection of software and hardware across multiple design modalities - voice, touch and gesture.
We're a collaborative team of designers, program managers, researchers, prototypers, and content writers focused on creating the thoughtful and helpful home experience. Our team thinks about the personal and shared experiences people have in their homes. This includes everything from getting and setting up new devices for the first time, to controlling and interacting everyday with a variety of smart home devices in the home, to automation and assistance to help be more comfortable at home. Skill/Experience/Education
- You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job - 5-8 years of UX program management experience
- Experience developing project plans for ux centric scope in an iterative software development environment.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale. Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to UX operations across platforms and surfaces.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships. Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- BA/BS in related field
- Experience with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
location: MOUNTAIN VIEW, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide leadership and operational excellence across the Nest Apps UX teams to deliver the highest level of trust-building and strategic counsel through all project interactions.
- Utilize your deep understanding of the UX craft, methodologies, and/or analytics to build programs that scale across teams.
- Act as a representative for UX in cross-functional collaborations with Engineering and Product Management teams, connecting all three groups and making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, and asset management, driving required changes to make sure the Nest UX team is working at optimum efficiency.
- Lead and collaborate with Nest UX team leadership in key project decision-making and orchestrate successful delivery for multiple UX related projects simultaneously
- strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.