The System Administrator, under general supervision, is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedule's installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Furthermore, this position is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software including virtual machines (VM) and related infrastructure. Monitoring of systems, applications and processes related to enterprise servers and systems. Use available tools to provide appropriate monitoring all servers, systems, backup and data media processes. Assist with the daily operations of the data center, patch remediation, server monitoring, and serve as a last tier support to the daily service desk. Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Required: High School Diploma; Preferred: Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field
- Required: 3+ years' experience with progressively more responsibility including a wide range of networking activities.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of network server installation/maintenance, microcomputer hardware/software support, switch configuration, WAN management and PBX Telephony.
- Proficient in Systems to include Windows Server and Client, Apple Clients (MAC, iPad, iPhone), Android.
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in Networking, to include, Routers, Switches, Servers, Firewalls, Active Directory.
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in Applications, to include, Exchange, Office, Hyper V.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress and to handle a heavy workload.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and to represent the organization publicly.
- Ability to travel in light and commercial aircraft or drive his/her personal auto in order to meet all job duties and responsibilities.
- Current Driver's license required.
location: DALLAS, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Operations and Support:
- Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 200X Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, print queues etc. Perform daily administration of the Exchange 200X servers and Outlook Web Access.
- Monitor and maintain a VMware and Azure clusters consisting of local and remote data centers including backup and data security. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide technical support and intermediate troubleshooting services for the campus server, cloud (Azure) and telecommunications infrastructure. Coordinate server repairs, upgrades, equipment replacements, cable installations and other duties as needed in supporting the campus server infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Provides Tier 2 support for issues escalated from Tier 1 to include phone/e-mail/service desk, hardware, software, printing, operating system, connectivity and internet access problems. Evaluates and analyzes incident reports for recurring problems utilizing IT Helpdesk software; makes recommendations to reduce support incidents.
- Contributes to the development and continual improvement of the change management process.
- Responds to events such as system reboots, outages, server alerts, and complex system alerts.
- Proactive planning and coordination of efforts in order to ensure continuity of operations, in effect minimize unscheduled downtime including business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning and testing. Regularly confers with database programmers, analysts, other systems administrators, and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs.
- Provides training to all employees in computer skills appropriate to their positions, including new hires and ongoing training to all staff.
- Monitors common and individual work queues. Completes or escalates incidents and service requests in a timely fashion.
- Provides escalation assistance to all IT team members. Servers as system administrator for corporate systems including but not limited to electronic medical record, UNET, learning systems, and Donate Life Search.
- Maintains skills as technology and implementations evolve to assist the company as it adds and expands its service offerings.
- Working on a rotating schedule, takes calls evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide user support and network uptime.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services, as necessary. Maintains PC images and updates/ deploys performing Microsoft SCCM or Kaseya related task for imaging, remote, and updates.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
The essential functions of this role include:
- manual lifting up to 10lbs
- standing for 2 hours at one time
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- PBX Telephony
- WAN Management
- Virtual Machines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.