job summary: Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated track record of strong analysis, design and implementation capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency developing applications using:
- Java (JPA, REST, batch)
- Angular, Angular JS
- Prefer working knowledge of Unix/Sun Solaris
- Prefer a working knowledge of RAD
- Prefer a working knowledge of Node JS
- Prefer a working knowledge of Spring (SVN, Maven, Hudson, Nexus
- Prefer a working knowledge of Domain Driven Design techniques
Additional Development Skillsets that are helpful to the role:
- 3-5 years developer or systems analyst experience
- strong, demonstrated analysis, design, and problem solving skills
- strong planning and organizational skills
- strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Oracle and DB2 databases
- Experience with Cloud and AWS Services
location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of NGA, Legacy and cloud applications. Experience in UI/ Midtier technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes two years' developer experience. Verifies all deliverables meet Methodology and Information Security requirements.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or design models into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs and reports.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers with test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs. Develops understanding of the client's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with the business areas and other systems.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams, including associated Data, UI & Mid Tier teams.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Complies with the client's policies and procedures including attendance and weekly time and status reporting.
- Understands and adheres to the client's Diversity mission and policies.
- Issue identification and Resolution of UI/ Midtier Applications issues
- Assisting applications teams with review of code and establishing best practices
- Rotational On-Call Support
- This project will utilize Kanban practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.