Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Scrum Master for a contract role in Beaverton Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: BEAVERTON, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team's needs.
- Ensures the team is practicing Agile principles.
- Partners with, coaches and supports Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos).
- Establishes, tracks and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management and any impacted stakeholders.
- Facilitates alignment and assists Product Owner and Delivery Team with making appropriate commitments.
- Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team's ability to deliver commitments.
- Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress.
- Participates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution.
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
- Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence.
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively) Education
- Bachelor's degree
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted:
PhD or Law + 3 yrs;
Masters + 4 yrs;
Associates + 6 yrs;
High School + 7 yrs exp
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- In-depth understanding of Agile Principles and how they're applied in workplace culture
- strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups
- Experience resolving issues across teams
- Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team's ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks
Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Relevant certification in the field preferred (examples below)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.