.Randstad is looking for an experienced but adaptable Release Train Engineer to support and coach the successful delivery of an Agile Release Train, navigating the complexity of delivering software in large, cross-functional environments with multiple teams. This role focuses on the technical layers under a significant, global, enterprise wide initiative, including data, APIs and interfaces. The role is fully remote, though Eastern US is preferred, with core working hours from 6AM to noon EST to support globally distributed teams and stakeholders.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 80 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART. This includes:
- Facilitating the SAFe ceremonies, including Scrum of Scrums of Scrums and Product Owner Sync.
- Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Facilitating the ART team's refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Drives collaboration and assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and during quarterly planning.
- Managing change to the ART's PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
- Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and working across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
- Ensure the overall cost, schedule, and performance of the program.
- Analyze program budgets and estimates from participating organizations to provide direction for the overall development of all program budgets and integrated cost profiles.
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
- Lead project teams and provide leadership; act as consultant/coach to management in resolving unusually difficult problems.
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and processes.
- Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between Global Technology and its business functions / partners.
- Support the configuration of SAFe to the needs of the organization, standardizing and documenting practices.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.