job summary: Looking for an HR Staffing Associate for a 5 month contract with probable extensions or possible conversion to a Full Time Employee of our client. This is a remote work from home role but candidates need to be located within an our or two hours driving distance to our client's office in Manhattan for possible future conversion to FTE or a very occasional onsite meeting.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Associate is to support the Human Resources initiatives that focus on attracting, rewarding, developing and retaining talent at one of our clients investment Opco's.. The HR Associate is responsible for tactical support for supporting these initiatives.
This position demands an outstanding ability to multi-task as well as excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must demonstrate a desire to learn and take initiative. This position requires an individual who understands the necessity for confidentiality and professionalism at all times. strong customer service skills are required.
- Work in collaboration and provide strong business support to HR colleagues at our parent company a large bank
- Assist with recruiting and staffing efforts, including creating offer letters and overseeing the onboarding process and relevant business notifications.
- Maintain headcount report and respond to requests from IT, audit, compliance, etc for information.
- Take initiative to respond to questions from associates regarding benefits, payroll, PTO, etc. in a timely manner and resolves routine problems.
- Maintain employment files and records per company policy and legal regulations.
- Manage and process HR paperwork, to include processing terminations, transfers, and job title changes.
- Provide verifications of employment.
- Assist with year-end appraisal and compensation processes, including preparation and maintenance of materials.
- Track tuition reimbursement and charitable contributions.
- Provide project support on HR activities.
Superb customer service skills and sense of urgency in a services environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as problem-solving and decision-making skills. An enthusiastic and proactive individual with a positive attitude. Highly professional style and level of maturity to handle sensitive situations and confidential information. The organizational skills necessary to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment. High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) Previous HR experience from a professional services firm - legal, financial, big real estate firms
Skills needed for submittals
Has this candidate worked as a former client Contractor via SOW? Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our clinent as a Full Time employee? yes or no
HR Experience- years
Advanced Excel- years
Banking / Financial Industry Experience- years
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.