Our client in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago is looking for a full-time FPGA Engineer. This person will be working on a project with 6 other individuals on PTP 450 and PTP 700, working on wireless PHY level change. Team of 4 people in Bangalore that they will also have to work cross functionally with. No off-hour offshore calls!
location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Contributions in all phases of product development lifecycle from conception through implementation of features, integration and test.
- Document designs and interfaces
- Design and Implement RF control algorithms.
- Develop and Optimize RF PHY implementation
- Refactor existing code to improve efficiencies with respect to Timing closure and Device Fit
- Interact and coordinate with members of other engineering and production teams.
- Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of customer problems.
· Experience with design and analysis of static microwave wireless systems including:
· RF - MIMO and MU-MIMO OFDM Systems
· MAC - Familiarity with MAC layer design concepts
· PHY - FFT, Coding, Interleaving
- Experience with FPGA development and debug tools
- RTL design and simulation using Verilog and VHDL
- SDC timing constraints
- Design methods to obtain timing closure and fit
- FPGA design tools such as Altera Quartus, TimeQuest, SignalTap, Xilinx Vivado
- Simulator tools such as Aldec Riviera
- Experience with SoC architectures such as Altera Cyclone V SoC and Xilinx Zynq
· strong analytical, problem solving and creative abilities
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Interface with other Engineering teams (Hardware, System Test, Marketing, Documentation)
· Knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP stack
· Knowledge of RF principles
· Experience with C programming
· Experience using Oscilloscope and Spectrum Analyzer
· Experience of working under distributed version control (e.g. GIT or Mercurial)
· Experience of working in cross site, multinational teams
· Experience with scripting languages like TCL, Python, Linux Shells
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- PHY (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.