Sr. API Quality Assurance Engineer (REMOTE)
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented and motivated Sr. Automation QA Engineer for an immediate contract opening at our leading financial technology client! You'll Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. The QA engineer will help ensure the data quality of the enterprise database initiatives. This position will develop the test scripts and queries, execute the tests, debugs any data discrepancies, and reports the execution details and files and defects identified in the process. The QA engineer will also contribute to the automation of the project to ensure we regress the data on a regular cadence and maintain high quality data for our users.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 59.38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible to prepare technical appraisals of programming languages and systems, computational software, and related technology.
- Ensures the quality integration of computers in the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition transmission, and processing.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Embrace team processes and standards for database domain QA team.
- Validate schema changes and data in the database
- Write SQL scripts to extract data form the backend and validate its integrity
- Automate test efforts using tools like ReadyAPI / Query Surge
- SQL - Scripting for complex SQL validation and testing
- Contribute to the automation effort
- Ensures proper test coverage exists based on requirements and design specifications
- Coordinates with other team members as needed
- Reports defects identified while testing
- Completes the assigned tasks in a timely fashion
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Automation Tester (5 years of experience is required)
- SOAP UI or Ready API (2 years of experience is required)
- Agile (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.