Our Arlington VA client is seeking a Workday Security Systems Manager for a direct hire opportunity. This person will be responsible for analyzing, architecting and maintaining security architecture for the Workday (Financial and HCM) Platform. Functions as the SME on Workday security architecture and governance, advising stakeholders and managers in HR and Finance. Assesses the security requirements for both Finance and HCM business processes and Security Groups and advises HR and Finance staff on the design, configuration, testing and deployment of security changes as required.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $155,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Workday Security Architecture and Governance
- Owns the overall Security architecture and governance to maintain security across the Workday platform
- Advises stakeholders and managers in Finance and Human Resources departments on all matters related to Workday security architecture, security groups, governance, and related topics.
- Designs, implements, and executes Workday Security policies and procedures to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of Workday systems including business process and domain security policies.
- Independently identifies, troubleshoots, analyzes, and resolves complex Workday security issues.
- Oversees the Workday access and security groups, independently architects and manages process with minimal guidance.
- Works closely with functional Workday Administrators and stakeholders to gather requirements, recommend, test, and deliver security related configuration needed for new functionality and change requests to ensure data integrity and security.
- Assures that any segregation of duty issues that are identified will be addressed and prevented.
- Execute WD Security role assignment audits, analyze results, and address any issues identified.
Workday Finance Systems Support
- Advises stakeholders and managers in Finance and Human Resources departments on Workday matters related to finance systems support.
- Provides support to end-users of the Workday platform, answering questions, resolving issues, and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response.
- Acts as a Named Support Contact with Workday, functioning as NRECA's Workday security and configuration SME, including assessing and communicating applicable incoming notifications from Workday for Finance, HR, and IT areas. Provides level 2 and 3 production support of Workday Financials, coordinating with Workday support and engineering resources, as needed.
- Collaborates with Workday Community and the Area User groups to share knowledge and resolve issues found within Workday and to proactively remain informed about Workday enhancements. Pursues opportunities that will allow the NRECA to provide input on system enhancements and Workday's product road map.
- Advises the Finance Systems Manager on maintaining the Workday tenant in the various environments and provide full back-end Workday support, including but not limited to, tenant configuration, security maintenance, business process management, data loads, data extractions and report writing.
- Functions as Security and Architecture SME to Workday Functional Administrators with configuration, business process and security group changes; and review all changes to ensure compliance with NRECA's agreed upon Workday security and change management protocols.
- Collaborates with WOW committee participants and HR systems staff on Workday major releases, identifying impact/enhancement opportunities associated with a new release features/functionality.
Workday Finance Systems Development
- Advises Finance stakeholders to document technical and business requirements and then develop and implement solutions that leverage Workday functionality.
- Creates and maintains custom fields, objects, validation rules, etc. to meet business requirements.
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys and maintains Workday Dashboards, Worklets, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Masters
- SECURITY ENGINEER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.