Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role. Location:
Austin, Texas Remote Capabilities:
None Clearance Required:
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Type of Role:
Data Center Lead What will you do?
Randstad is looking for a Data Center Lead that has experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
With the expansion of monitored applications, the Enterprise Performance Monitoring and Reliability - EPMR (formerly the ECO/ECC) will need additional analysts to rapidly identify trends to prevent incidents or more quickly resolve major incidents through improved Root Cause Analysis capabilities.
Use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
Responsible for the execution of team monitoring. Ability to manage Team Scheduling. Forward leaning with managing team and providing leadership and supervision.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understand and utilize de-escalation techniques when working with difficult customers.
- Work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments.
- Comfortable moving from one project or issue to another rapidly and without notice.
- Monitor high value Business-centric transactions and manages response actions.
- Identify the functional domain in which problems reside (Server Utilization, network Saturation, Application Tuning).
- Coordinate with stakeholders of ticket status or request system changes.
- Detect change of state conditions that have significance for management of Configuration Items (CIs) and IT services.
- Ensure all events are communicated IAW SOP and/or takes further corrective action with the application owner.
- Participate in all Major Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis calls and provides expert troubleshooting support as needed.
- Escalate as per criticality matrix definitions.
- Notify the internal/external stakeholders per procedure.
- Provide APM input to daily shift reports and metrics.
- Manage shift operations and engagement across all lines of effort for the assigned shift.
- Responsible for the execution of team monitoring, proactive engagement, problem identification, analysis, reporting, coordination, tracking, and resolution facilitation before an incident.
- Reviews and updates business-specific dashboard views, providing a tailored display of scheduled events, incident tracking, and metrics.
- Ensure forthright communication and coordination of high-priority events and incidents with business and OIT leadership; acts as central point of contact for business engagements.
- Ensures team cohesion, cross-functional coordination, and collaboration across shift structure (turnover) and enterprise partners.
- Ensures responsiveness to staff and customer initiatives and requirements.
- Manages shift team schedules, professional development, functional execution, reporting, documentation, and facilitates the development of operating procedures ICW EM staff.
- Supports SLA monitoring and engagement activities.
- Participates in Project Management activities/meetings as related to business-centric releases and developments.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of performance data collection and reporting (dashboards).
- Provides liaison to OIT enterprise leadership, business customers and end users.
- Provides direct management, leadership, and supervision of assigned shift staff.
- Compiles disseminates daily shift turnover/pass-down reports.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Center
- Solar Winds
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.