The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for helping monitor the firm's technology environment for security vulnerabilities, misuse, and policy violations. They will also be responsible for maintaining and tuning the tools used by the Security Operations team.
An understanding of technology and information security principles such as DNS, Kerberos, and the principle of least privilege. Hands-on experience with endpoint visibility tools, vulnerability management tools, and security event management tools (SIEMs) is desirable. The candidate is expected to test, document and tune the firm's security platforms and work with other team members to monitor and remediate risk.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 93,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Serve as a member of the information security team
- Aid in alerts and incident response with the Security Operations team
- Research, validate and tune security solutions to meet security and business requirements
- Assist with security configuration standards for systems and business applications.
- Participate in technical and non-technical projects requiring information security oversight and to ensure policies, procedures and standards are met.
- Interface with internal and external auditors for risk assessments.
- Secure business applications and computing environments across public and hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge related to security threats, attack techniques, vulnerabilities, and mitigations that apply to the firm's technology environment
- Assist management with business continuity and disaster recover exercises
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 1-2 years of information security experience (or a combination of 3-4 years of endpoint, network or IT systems administration)
- Knowledge of the incident response process, system monitoring and analysis
- Ability to analyze event and incident logs
- Knowledge of Windows Enterprise Infrastructure and components (e.g., Active Directory, GPOs, logon process)
- Knowledge of proxy servers
- Ability to follow through and troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and exposure to penetration testing concepts
- Clear communication skills (e.g., writing, verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills (able to handle multiple priorities)
- Results oriented team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for security, technology and learning
- Bachelor's degree Required
- Security+, CEH, or Microsoft certifications preferred but not required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SECURITY ANALYST
- SECURITY ENGINEER
- Requirement Analyst
- Technical Analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.