Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Principal Engineer for a contract role in Hillsboro Oregon. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Beaverton, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are not looking for just anyone - we are looking for a technical and thought leader to help us innovate and build.
The successful candidate will be able to exemplify the following qualities:
Other specific experience
- Proven influencer and trust builder within large organizations. Ability to sell-in and influence business outcomes.
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of taking ownership of large business initiatives and leading them to success.
- Architectural design and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to understand and distill complex technical and organizational problems into their smaller unit parts.
- strong technical knowledge and confidence in communicating with highly technical audiences.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate across all areas and levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions driving towards results.
We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- 10+ years professional experience in the design and execution of complex projects, within micro-service and event driven architectures that power web platforms and mobile applications. Must have experience leading internal and external design, development, and quality teams.
- 4 years eCommerce experience. Ideally with experience in one or more of the following: Product discovery (search), cart, checkout (PCI compliant payment processing), product setup (including taxonomy/attribution), content management, Inventory Management, Order Management or Fulfillment.
- Experience working in a multi geo, multi language environment where product and editorial content may differ by country, language and experience.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, evolvoling adapting existing technical and solutions architecture to meet the needs of an evolving revenue-generating business
- Experience working in high profile, cross functional technical projects in a Scaled Agile delivery framework.
- strong preference for experience designing high-availability and consumer-facing applications
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Demonstrated success understanding business and technical problems, gathering information, generating options and documenting solutions; then proposing and acting on a course of action.
- Demonstrated experience working with legal and privacy teams to design solutions that consider the globally evolving privacy landscape.
- Motivated by and comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions.
- Experience working with security teams and strong understanding of industry standard security protocols (ex: Oauth 2).
- Experience negotiating and designing RESTful APIs. Experience establishing, evolving and evangelizing API standards.
- 3+ years professional experience with AWS and most AWS products.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.