Our Major Financial Client is seeking a MongoDB DBA.
- More than 10 years of experience in Database administration
- Solid hands on experience with Database technologies - MongoDB and RDS/Postgres
- Extensive Database performance tuning experience
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large database environment
- Good experience with AWS Cloud and Linux/VM platform
- Deep understanding of HA, DR Database and storage technologies Data replication
- Experience implementing, supporting and auditing database security
- Hands on automation experience with Python, YAML, Unix Shell scripting, etc.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including provisioning, backup/recovery, replication, deployment and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on MongoDB and PostgreSQL platforms.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database in production and non-production environments
- Provide 24x7 on call DBA support for production environment on rotation schedule and on adhoc need basis
- Provide Database deployment support for Test and Production environments
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques
- Interact with Systems administrators on Linix/Unix/VM operating systems issues related to Databases
- Able to write database provisioning, maintenance and reporting automation scripts
- Configure and maintain Database High availability
- Support data replication
- Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues
- Implement DR solutions
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
- Experience level:
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.