The Sanctions Technology Project Leader will manage the systems team that supports the company's sanctions solution from Accuity in addition to other internally developed products that support the Bank's AML Compliance group. They will liaise with various senior and junior members of the Compliance Departments and at times with auditors and regulators of the firm. They will work closely with other areas of the firm that are responsible for sending transactional and customer feeds into the FircoSoft filter for OFAC and Negative News/PEP scanning along with the Bank's testing and Production support teams. This technology leader has end to end accountability for the successful delivery of assigned projects.
location: New York/Boston, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Resource Management
- Manage Sanctions technology staff in on-boarding of new client/internal data feeds.
- Provide 24x7 global tech support by managing staff resources and allocate resources to resolve technology incidents as required.
- Educate and train members of the team to build a strong understanding of Sanctions and filtering technologies.
- Manage employee performance including goal setting, reviews, disciplinary action, and career development.
- Initiate, plan, monitor, control and deliver Global Compliance Technology projects as assigned.
- Measure, monitor and report progress of business integration projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage risks and issues that affect project scope, schedule and quality for all projects assigned
- Manage cross-team communications and coordinate work between different teams at different locations globally
- Establish and control project scope and schedule baselines and manage changes to the baselines in a transparent and controlled manner
- Work with Technology teams to understand project dependencies, resource and technical challenges
- Continually work towards making improvements in the Project Management process
- Support Technology and Global Compliance management by building a deep understanding of upstream business processes, products, systems, teams and priorities for assigned business areas
Education level and/or relevant experience
Knowledge and skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of work experience
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a deeply technical role in a financial services firm, or in a product development or professional services organization in a technology company that serves the financial service market is required.
- At least 2+ years of managerial or supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of FircoSoft Continuity and/or Trust applications is required.
- Familiarity with sanction and watchlist providers, such as Dow Jones, Accuity and/or World-Check is required.
- Experience in Java and/or C++ is a plus
- IBM BAW a plus
- Ability to review and assist junior developers with PL/SQL queries and UNIX/Shell scripts is a plus.
- Ability to work well under timelines and project plans
- Ability to work well with junior and senior Compliance Officers
- Ability to work well with senior line of business managers
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management
- compliance systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.